Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (BOSIET)
Course Cost: €850 (Prices are charged on a per person basis.)
This 3 day course is designed to give basic proficiencies to personnel who wish to work on an Offshore Installation. The BOSIET is an OPITO approved course which is the minimum standard that is required for entrants to the Oil and Gas Industry. The NMCI is an OPITO Approved training facility.
The Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization (OPITO) is a worldwide recognised standard in offshore safety training.
The BOSIET will cover the following elements:
- Offshore Safety and Environment
- Helicopter Safety & Escape
- First Aid
- Sea Survival/ Tempsc
- Basic Fire Fighting & Self-Rescue
- Delegates must be able to identify the hazards which are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, explain potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks.
- Delegates must be able to demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching.
- Delegates must be able to demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practice self rescue techniques in low visibility situations e.g. smoke filled areas.
- National Photographic Identification/Passport/Driver’s License, Medical Certificate (If required), Swim wear and towel, €1 coin for safety locker.
- On the first day of the course; please be in the Reception area of the NMCI by 8.45am.
- The course will finish at approximately 6pm each day.
Target Group for the BOSIET
This programme is designed to meet the initial onshore safety and emergency response training requirements for personnel new to the offshore oil and gas industry.
Aims and objectives of the BOSIET
The aims of the BOSIET are to introduce delegates to the specific safety issues and regimes relevant to offshore installations, and to equip them with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills for commuting to and from offshore installations by helicopter.
The course takes place in our state of the art maritime facilities, which contains an environmental pool capable of simulating any environment.